Wednesday, May 4

Breaking the Chains



Recently I have been in contact with some people who have taken a huge burden of my shoulders when it comes to taking care of my two boys. I wanted to proclaim my happiness to the world. I art journalled instead.

I started with a blank page in my Dylusions Art Journal and painted stripes of Dylusions ink to make a rainbow pattern. A good shower of water helped the colours dribble. I got a handy dandy bread and butter plate (I had just eaten a finger bun off) and drew a circle shape around it.




Now the thing to remember about Dylusions Inks is they reactivate when wet so I had to apply 4 coats of white paint. The final coat had a coarse texture paste made by Reeves mixed through it. Once the white paint was dry, I used modelling paste to create texture under where I was placing the butterfly. Then black Gesso and some stencils were used to add contrast and interest. I sprayed the page with Dylusions Teal Mica Spray, added chain and the quote and VIOLA!


No comments: